-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
I explore these issues in my column and I have terrific sources: my friends.
我在我的专栏里探讨这些问题,而且我拥有最好的研究对象:我的朋友们。
When you're in your 20s, women control the relationships.
二十几岁的时候,女人们在恋爱关系中掌握主动权。
By the time you're in your 30s, you're being devoured by women.
但到了三十多岁,女人们开始追求男人。
Suddenly the guys are holding all the chips.
突然之间,男人占尽优势。
I call it ''the mid-thirties power flip''.
我把这叫作“三十岁中期的权力大转移”。
It's all about age and biology.
这一切都跟年龄和生理有关。
If you want to get married, it's to have kids, right?
如果你要结婚,那就是打算要孩子,对吧?
If you do it with someone older than 35, you have to have kids right away.
如果跟超过三十五岁的人结婚,就得抓紧要孩子。
And that's about it.
就是这么回事儿。
These women should forget about marriage... and have a good time.
女人应该抛开婚姻,尽情享受生活。
I have a friend who'd always gone out with extremely sexy guys and just had a good time.
我有一个朋友。她当年总是跟超级帅哥约会,肆意欢愉。
One day she woke up and she was 41 .
有一天她突然发现自己已经41岁了。
She couldn't get any more dates.
没人愿意再和她约会。
She had a complete physical breakdown, couldn't hold on to her job, and moved back to Wisconsin to live with her mother.
她崩溃了,也不能再继续工作,于是搬到威斯康辛州跟她老妈一起过。
Trust me, this is not a story that makes men feel bad.
相信我吧,男人是不会为此难过的。
Most men are threatened by successful women.
成功女人会让大多数男人有威胁感。
If you wanna get these guys, you have to keep your mouth shut and play by the rules.
如果你想得到这些男人,你必须保持沉默并且遵守游戏规则。
I totally believe that love conquers all.
我完全相信爱情可以战胜一切。
Sometimes you just have to give it a little space.
有时候你得给爱情一点空间。
That's what's missing in Manhattan—the space for romance.
这正是曼哈顿所缺少的——浪漫的空间。
The problem is expectations—older women won't accept what's available.
这是一个有关期望值的问题——年纪大的女人不会要轻易得到的东西。
By the time you reach your mid-thirtiy, you think:"why should I settle?"
到了三十多岁的时候,你就会想:“我干嘛要安定下来呢?”
You know?
明白吗?
The older we get, the more we keep self-selecting down to a smaller and smaller group.
我们年纪越大,可供选择的余地就越来越小。
What women really want is Alec Baldwin.
其实,女人们想找的是像亚力克·鲍德温那样的男人。
There's not one woman in New York who hasn't turned down ten wonderful guys because they were too short, or too fat, or too poor.
纽约每个女人都曾经拒绝过十个以上的好男人,只因为他们太矮、太胖,或者太穷。
I've been out with short, fat and poor guys. It makes absolutely no difference.
我曾经跟那些很矮、很胖,或者很穷的男人约会过,结果他们也好不到哪里去。
They are just as self-centered as the good-looking ones.
他们跟那些帅哥一样以自我为中心。
Why don't these women marry a fat guy?
为什么没有女人愿意嫁给胖子呢?
Why don't they just marry a big fat tub of lard?
她们为什么不肯嫁一个肥得流油的家伙呢?